Yay, today is Valentine’s day, a day to celebrate love. Not only for your partner though, but anyone you love (well that’s how I like to see it). I know that for a lot of people V-Day is just commercial bs these days and let’s face it, it’s not far from the truth. But I do like to do a little something, mostly I like to enjoy some yummy food together with my fiancé. There is always an excuse for some good food, right? I’m not sure yet what I’m going to make but I was thinking something with potatoes, my fiancé’s favourite anything in food, lol! So let’s get ready, shall we?
- Let’s start with a base colour first. I used a brown shade, close to my own skin tone all over my eyelids. It has a soft pearly finish so it gives a little bit of a nice sheen.
- Now I’m defining my eyes, I used a darker brown with a slight red tone in my crease and the outer ends of my eyelids.
- I use a little more of the defining shade to deepen the crease. On the middle part I used a shimmery golden shade to highlight that part. On the lower lash line I defined that line with a dark taupe shade.
- With an eye liner I lined my upper lash line and give it a slight wing. It’s just subtlr though because this look is not about a dramatic wing!
- And finally I curl my lashes, add some mascara and corner lashes!
I used a medium matte pink on my cheeks in a very soft way. On my cheekbones I added a thin layer of highlighter for a bit of a glowy finish.
On the lips I first went for a bright pink fuchsia. I used a thin layer of this with a lip brush on my lips. This way it’s not as intense, but it’s now used as a base colour. Over the bright pink I add a orange coral lip gloss. This will give the lips a fuller appearance and it evens out everything on the lips. Now you have pretty kissable lips!
Some of the products used:
As for the rest I kinda like to go for comfy and warm over chic and stylish. I’m just in my warm comfy cardigan and even a scarf because Valentines here are not exactly warm. When the warmer weather hits (like that ever happens here) I’m all for fun and bright clothes but right now I just want to be warm! So guys, any nice plans for today or are you just skipping it? Whatever you do have a nice day though! ^^
- Bourjois Healthy Mix
- Chanel Poudre Universelle in Claire
- Mac Prep+Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost
- Estee Lauder Pure Colour Blush in Exotic Pink
- Mac MSF in Blonde (LE)
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow in Pale Barley
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Toasted and Half Baked
- Mac Eyeshadow in Concrete
- Gosh Defining Brow Gel
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eye Liner
- Max Factor False Lash Effect
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Champs Elysées
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef