This will make dry hair happy!
Today we’re talking hair. Hair with awful dry ends that is. Yep, that sounds like my hair right! I’m not the kindest to my hair, dyeing it for years and it’s asking a lot of my hair. So what I’m looking for is something that will nourish those poor poor dry ends! Here are a few tips from me:
- Limit washing your hair to 2 or maybe 3 times a week. You really don’t need to wash it that much. The more you wash it, the more you irritate your skin on the head.
- Use a tiny bit of shampoo, you don’t want to strip your hair of all it’s own oils, it’s in fact really good.
- If you have dry hair ends like me, concentrate shampooing the upper part of the hair, leave the lower part as much as possible, you don’t want to strip it even more.
- If you have oily hair roots try to condition the lower part of your hair for the most part.
- When using a hair masque, leave it in for a good while. To prevent it from getting wet use a shower cap. I always wash the rest of my body in the meanwhile.
- This is not a pleasant thing to do, but try to end your shower with colder water, the follicles of your hair will close so you will not lose too much moisture. Also the hair gets shinier!
- After finishing washing your hair you might want to wash your upper back part again because for people suffering from bacné this might help a bit. You don’t want product residue there!
- Always protect your hair with a product when using hot tools! I learned the hard way, but you don’t want fried ends!
- Try to massage your head every once in a while, it’s relaxing and it’s good for the hair!
Now for people looking for some serious nourishing products I do recommend you the L’Oreal Mythic Oil hair care line. I’ve been testing it for a while now and boy it sure is so hydrating for the hair! Today I’m reviewing the shampoo, conditioner and the hair masque.
The Mythic Oil shampoo comes in a 250 ml bottle with a pump and it goes for 15.20 euro. This shampoo contains argan oil, cotton oil, salicylic acid, advocado oil and grape seed oil. The texture is really light, you don’t need a lot of it and it keeps the hair soft which is a big plus for processed hair. It has a nice scent which I honestly can’t describe. It’s a very pleasant smell though.
The Mythic Oil conditioner comes in a slightly smaller bottle of 190 ml and goes for 20.40 euro. It also has a pump. The conditioner has a light creamy texture and the scent is slightly different but still pleasant. I’d say it smells slightly heavier. It also contains the same oils but in larger quantities. It’s very hydrating for the hair so be sure to not use too much of it!
The Mythic Oil masque comes in a pot of 200 ml and goes for 21.80 euro. It has a thick creamy texture and the scent is a bit lighter. It contains candedelilla wax and all the oils that I mentioned before. This is a very rich hair masque, so I’d say to use it once a week. This is definitely not for oily hair types, it’s too rich for that, but hair that is dry, dull or damaged will love this!
Overall I really like this line, it’s amazing for people suffering from dry and/or damaged hair. It’s incredibly moisturising, I never had something better than this in all honesty. You do have to be careful to not use too much of the products because it’s so rich that your hair might feel sticky if you use too much of it! I also really like the scent of all three products. They each have a different smell but you do notice that there are similarities there. Perfume is on the end of the ingredient list so you don’t have to worry that it’s loaded with mostly fragrance. Another very big plus is the pump system, it’s brilliant! I wished there were more shampoos and conditioners like this because it’s so much easier. That’s a thumbs up from me!
Any hair care tips you want to share with me? I hope you all had a great weekend!I’m still getting used to switching to winter hours, lol!